A 47-year-old member of the Israeli commando unit was killed in the clashes, police said.
David Zubeidi was taken to Rambam Hospital in Israel, where he was pronounced dead at the scene and was pronounced dead on Sunday.
Israel has been conducting operations in Jenin and other parts of the West Bank for weeks after Palestinian attacks on Israelis killed at least 20 people. More than 30 Palestinians have been killed, most of them in attacks or clashes with the military. The dead included an unarmed woman and two visible pedestrians, and rights groups say Israel often uses excessive force.
Shirin Abu Akleh, a well-known Al Jazeera journalist, was shot in the head during an operation in Jenin on Wednesday.
Palestinians, including journalists who were with him, said he had been shot dead by Israeli forces. The Israeli military says there was an exchange of fire with Palestinian gunmen at the time and it is not clear who fired the shots.
Abu Akleh was buried at a mass funeral in Jerusalem on Friday, where Israeli police beat mourners and palbeers. Israeli police said they would investigate the incident.
The tragic scenes of Abu Akleh’s death and his funeral have drawn worldwide condemnation and calls for an investigation into his murder.
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, who said Abu Akleh had a “significant chance” of being killed by Palestinian gunmen, said on Sunday that he was standing behind troops working in Jenin.
“The state of Israel has no restrictions on the fight against terrorism,” he told a cabinet meeting. “We will continue to take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of Israeli citizens.”